What is Velo Kenmare?
Velo Kenmare is a new and exciting 135K timed cycle starting and finishing in Kenmare.
Kenmare, County Kerry, Ireland
Timed cycle event
Full start to finish time and 4 categorised King / Queen of the Mountain segments. Neutral time out zones on decent of the 3 mountain passes for safety purposes. i.e. you will be timed out on the 3 descents and that time will not count in your overall time.
€75 euro + booking fee + €10 Cycling Ireland licence fee if you are not a member of cycling Ireland. Included in your registration fee is a €20 voucher to be used in participating shops, cafes, bars and restaurants in Kenmare.
No mass start, you will be allocated a start time between 8am-10am and you must start at your allocated time.
What is included:
Fully marshalled and signed route, timing chip, medical cover, mechanical support, hot finisher food, music and entertainment at start and finish, finishers’ cow bell and water bottle.
Top 3 fastest male and female
King and Queen of the mountains
Club Velo winners: overall fastest 5 club members combined times
Prizes for each category include trophies, free entries and Velo Kenmare merchandise
- This event is not a race, it is a timed leisure cycle.
- You must have front and back lights on your bike or you will not be allowed to take part in the cycle.
- The roads will not be closed for this event.
- You must obey the rules of the road or you will be disqualified.
- You must start the cycle at your allocated time slot or you will not be give an overall time.
- The 3 time out zones on the fast downhill sections will be deducted from your time, you can not gain an advantage on the downhill sections, this is for safety reasons.
- No participant support cars are allowed along the route, only official race support vehicles (i.e. event breakdown and medical vehicles).